Saturday, May 12, 2007

Amazing eBay Seller Story

Here is great story from an eBay member whose mom recently received an amazing and unexpected gift.

Taken from the eBay Chatter Blog

Hi Guys, I just wanted to tell you a heart warming story about my mom Kathy (moms_million_dollar_closet) and a buyer from Richmond, Virginia. Here is the story:

Memspot1 My mom had this really nice vintage 1920's cocktail ring that she was selling and had listed it twice and no one made her reserve, so she listed it a 3rd time and said in first line of description 3rd time is the charm. She had it listed for a starting bid of $400.00, with a buy-it-now of $450.00. The woman from Richmond had sent my mom a message in regards to the description saying how she usually does not do things like this and she had no intention of telling her what to do - but maybe she was not meant to sell it and asked if she should keep it since it is a family heirloom? My mom responded back and told her money is just so tight and she has no choice but to sell it and give it a new home.

It used to belong to her grandmother and she used to use it as collateral for money borrowed from family members - when she paid them back she got her ring back. Unfortunately she currently has no family to ask for help other then me (and I don't work I just sell on eBay for extra money...lol). The next morning the woman in Virginia bought the ring from my mom for the buy-it-now price of $450.00 and paid for it right away through PayPal. She then sent my mom a message along with it stating after hearing your story and the reason why you are selling it, I have brought your ring for the buy-it-now price BUT DO NOT SEND THE RING TO ME!!! Use the money to get yourself caught up and best of luck in the future...

Memspot2 I never saw my mom cry as much as she did that day. She went out and brought this really nice Angel statue named "New Beginnings" and wrote a sweet heartfelt letter to the woman (since she had her address from the transaction) as a thank you for sending her the money and letting her keep the ring.

eBay is not just a place to buy great things at great prices, and find hard to find items. It is a godsend to my mother, it helped her angel find her and give her hope and to know that people do care out there. I just thought maybe you would like to hear a really great heart warming story that took place on the eBay site recently.

Thanks for your time and reading my story about how eBay made my mom’s day and helped her angel find her.

No comments: